If you've already visited How to Handle Pre-buys then you know pre-buys are situations where the customer pays for propane ahead of time, typically in anticipation of future price increases.
There may be times when you need to alter a pre-buy contract, whether it be to change the price, adjust the pre-buy end date, or even add a tag.
Here's how to change an existing pre-buy contract. This process begins with finding the account belonging to the customer with the pre-buy.
To find the customer use one of the following methods: Methods of Finding a Customer
From the customer's account screen . . .
1. Left-click on the tab. This will display the Pre-buy tab screen for the account.
2. Select the pre-buy you would like to change by left-clicking it. To verify you have the correct record selected check the yellow arrow to the left, it will be pointed at the currently selected record.
3. With the pre-buy you would like to change selected, left-click the button.
4. This will bring up the Add, Change, Delete Pre-buys screen for this contract.
5. Key in any changes you would like to make.
Changing either "gallons contracted" or the "pre-buy deposit" is not recommended as these two values are agreed upon before the contract starts.
Changing the gallons contracted would require recalculating the customer's pre-buy deposit (Gallons Contracted x Prebuy Price x Tax) and charging the difference. While trying to change the pre-buy deposit will prompt this warning message.
In these situations it's almost always better to start an additional pre-buy contract for the customer.
6. When you're finished, left-click the button and then left-click the to return to the Pre-buy tab screen for the account.