This is a function that only applies if you're using Degree Days as your Routing Method and you have insufficient history to do so. Calculating return dates using the Degree Day approach requires at least four deliveries. If you don't have that much history for a given tank, you can "borrow" history from another similar tank to use until sufficient "real" history is available.
Note: For a detailed description of all of the different Routing Methods, go to Overview of Routing Methods.
1. Find the account with the tank that you want the "borrowed" history to be applied to by using one of the following:
2. Regardless of how you get to the account, the detail account screen for that customer will be displayed.
3. Left-click the tab.
4. Left-click the button which will display the Setup Tank Information window.
5. Left-click the tab which will display the Routing window.
6. Left-click the button which will display the Choose the Tank You Would Like to Borrow History from window.
7. Find the tank you would like to borrow history from by:
Entering the Account Number in the text box . . .or . . .
Scrolling down the list of tanks in the grid . . . or . . .
Using the and/or buttons to go through the tanks one-by-one.
8. When you've selected the tank to borrow history from, left-click the button.
9. If you've selected a tank that does not have at least four deliveries to "borrow" from, you will get this message and will have to try a different tank.
The history from the borrowed tank will now be used to calculate return dates using the Degree Days method. However, the "borrowed" deliveries will NOT show on the customers account . . . they are used ONLY for calculating return dates.
10. If you want to "borrow" history for another tank, return to step 7 above, Otherwise, left-click the button to return to the the Routing window.