A Tax Group is a unique combination of individual taxes grouped together under a common name. By using Tax Groups, you don't have to enter taxes one at a time but can simply select a Tax Group and automatically get all of the individual taxes that may apply.
IMPORTANT: You should assign every individual tax that could ever apply to each Tax Group, even if they don't apply to all products and/or all customers all of the time. In other words, every individual tax that is subject to collection should be included even if some (or all) of the products and/or some (or all) of your customers are exempt from paying it.
Once you've set up a Tax Group, here's how to add (or delete) the individual taxes that comprise the group.
From the Lynx Main Menu . . .
1. Left-click on Bookkeeping.
2. A drop down menu will appear
3. Left-click on Accounts Receivable.
4. Left-click on Add, Change, Delete Tax Groups
5. This will display the Add Change, Delete Tax Groups window.
6. Double-left-click on the grid at the bottom part of the window.
7. This will display the Add or Remove Taxes window.
8. Select the tax you want to add to this group from the right-hand column and left-click the button.
If the individual tax you want to add to this Tax Group is NOT in the right-hand column, you will have to Add a Tax first.
9. Repeat this process as often as necessary until you've added all of the individual taxes you want included in this Tax Group.
If you want to REMOVE a tax from this Tax Group, select the tax to be removed from the left-hand column and then left-click the button.
10. When you're done, left click the button to return to the Add Change, Delete Tax Groups window.