The Lynx system contains dozens of reports and graphs. In addition, there are literally hundreds of permutations of these reports also available by using the systems unique "filtering" technique. In order to distinguish and specifically identify these documents, the following scheme is used.
There are four techniques used to identify printed documents produced by the system. These will allow you to keep reports straight and always know what specific document you're looking at, when it was run, and what (if any) filtering was used to produce it.
1. Report name . . . Every report has a different name centered at the top of the page. In addition, there are also (where appropriate) sub-headings used to further identify the particular report. For example:
Propane Sales Summary
From 6-1-99 thru 12-31-99
2. Date and time produced . . . The date and time each report is produced is shown near the upper left-hand corner of each report. Among other things, this can help to set apart multiple versions of the same report printed on the same day. For example:
Printed 12-17-1999 at 8:40 AM
3. Report ID . . . Each report and graph has a unique 4-digit Report ID located near the upper right-hand corner. This ID helps to differentiate reports that, of necessity, have similar names (like "Rental Batch Summary" versus "Delivery Batch Summary" versus "Payment Batch Summary", for instance). These Report ID's are categorized to make it easier to find them in the system and have the following format:
Ist digit . . . The report or graph category:
2nd digit . . . Either an "R" for report or "G" for graph.
3rd digit and 4th digit . . . A sequential number beginning with 01.
For example . . .
Report ID = TR02 would refer to Tank (T) report (R) number 2 (02).
4. Filter information . . . You can change the content of most reports by using "filters". This gives you the ability to include (or exclude) various combinations of data and time periods. At the bottom of each report is a "footer" that shows you what filters were used to produce this particular report. For instance:
Data included in this report . . . AccountID>= '0000' and AccountID<= '1000'
This tells you that this report included only accounts 0000 through 1000.
5. For more help on filters, go to How Filters Work.