Here's how enter a Journal Entry into the system. For further general information on Journal Entries, see Overview of Journal Entries.
From the Lynx Main Menu . . .
3. At this point you have two choices:
In either case, you'll end up on the Journal Entries window.
4. Left-click on the tab which will display the Journal Entries detail window.
5. Left-click the button which will move the cursor to the text box. Key in the appropriate reference number and left-click the key. This will position you in the box. Left-click the down arrow which will display a drop-down list of your General Ledger account numbers:
6. Left-click the account number you want and press the key once (or twice) to position you in either the or text box.
7. Key in the appropriate debit or credit amount and press the key. Then return to step 5 above and repeat this process until all of your Journal Entries are keyed in.
Remember that Journal Entries are always double-entry. That is, there must ALWAYS be at least one debit entry AND at least one credit entry and the total debits MUST balance with the total credits. Otherwise you will not be able to post them to the General Ledger.
8. When you're done entering all of your Journal Entries, left-click the key.
9. If you want, you can now post this batch to the General Ledger by left-clicking on the tab and then left-clicking the button.
10. When you're done, left-click the button to return to the Lynx Main Menu and post it later.