Equipment "Types" are used as a way to categorize your various tanks, meters, bobtails, and other equipment in the system. Here's how to add a new Equipment Type to the system.
From the Lynx Main Menu . . .
1. Left-click on Tanks
2. A drop down menu will appear
3. Left-click on Add, Change, Delete Equipment Types
4. This will display the Add, Change, Delete Tanks and Equipment Types window
5. Left-click the button
6. Type the appropraite information in the provided fields:
. . . The name of the equipment.
. . . The size of the equipment.
. . . There are two basic types of aboveground propane tanks: horizontal propane tanks and vertical propane cylinders as well as underground propane tanks. Use this drop-down menu to specify which.
. . . . . . . . Here you can enter in the default cost for this equipment.
. . . . . . . . Salvage value is the estimated book value of an asset after depreciation is complete, based on what a company expects to receive in exchange for the asset at the end of its useful life
. . . . . . . . Estimated lifespan of a depreciable fixed asset, during which it can be expected to contribute to company operations.
7. Left-click the button if you want to include a picture of this new Equipment Type. The "picture" must be a bitmap file 84 by 84 pixels (or less) in size
8. When you're done, left-click the close button to return to the Lynx Main Menu.