When keying invoices into the system, one of the things you will specify is the "invoice type". This describes the type of transaction you're entering. Because this invoice type will show on the customers invoice as well as on the account ledger, it's important that these be as descriptive as possible.
The system comes with a number of invoice types already loaded but you can change or delete these and/or add your own types.
Here's how to add an invoice type.
From the Lynx Main Menu . . .
1. Left-click on Bookkeeping.
2. A drop down menu will appear.
3. Left-click on Accounts Receivable.
4. Left-click on Add, Change, Delete Invoice Types
5. This will display the Add Change, Delete Invoice Types window.
6. Left-click the button. This will clear the top row of the grid so you can key in the invoice type you want to add.
7. Left-click the cursor in the blank top row and then key in the invoice type name you want to add.
8. Left-click the button.
9. As soon as you have done this, the new invoice type you just added will appear on the "Invoice Type" drop-down list on all of the Invoice Detail windows:
If you're adding (or changing) Invoice Types for tank sets and tank pickups, be sure to spell them exactly as Pick Up and Tank Set. Otherwise, they won't work correctly.
10. Left-click the close button to return to the Lynx Main Menu.