Equipment "Types" are used as a way to categorize your various tanks, meters, and other equipment in the system. Here's how to change an existing Equipment Type.
From the Lynx Main Menu . . .
1. Left-click on Tanks.
2. A drop down menu will appear
3. Left-click on Add, Change, Delete Equipment Types.
4. This will display the Add, Change, Delete Tanks and Equipment Types window.
5. Left-click (in the grid below) on the Equipment Type you want to change.
6. Position the cursor in any of these text boxes that you would like to change and key in the change(s).
. . . The name of the equipment.
. . . The size of the equipment.
. . . There are two basic types of aboveground propane tanks: horizontal propane tanks and vertical propane cylinders as well as underground propane tanks. Use this drop-down menu to specify which.
. . . . . . . . Here you can enter in the default cost for this equipment.
. . . . . . . . Salvage value is the estimated book value of an asset after depreciation is complete, based on what a company expects to receive in exchange for the asset at the end of its useful life
. . . . . . . . Estimated lifespan of a depreciable fixed asset, during which it can be expected to contribute to company operations.
7. After you've made the change(s), left-click the button.
8. When you're all done, left-click the close button to return to the Lynx Main Menu.