When keying invoices into the system, one of the things you will specify is the "invoice type". This describes the type of transaction you're entering. Because this invoice type will show on the customers invoice as well as on the account ledger, it's important that these be as descriptive as possible.
The system comes with a number of invoice types already loaded but you can change or delete these and/or add your own types.
Here's how to change an existing invoice type.
From the Lynx Main Menu . . .
1. Left-click on Bookkeeping.
2. A drop down menu will appear.
3. Left-click on Accounts Receivable.
4. Left-click on Add, Change, Delete Invoice Types
5. This will display the Add Change, Delete Invoice Types window.
6. Left-click the button.
7. Left-click the cursor on the invoice type you want to change and then key in the change you want to make.
8. Left-click the button.
9. As soon as you have done this, the invoice type you just changed will appear on the "Invoice Type" drop-down list on all of the Invoice Detail windows:
If you're adding (or changing) Invoice Types for tank sets and tank pickups, be sure to spell them exactly as Pick Up and Tank Set. Otherwise, they won't work correctly.
10. Left-click the close button to return to the Lynx Main Menu.